Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Tweet tweet! (off topic)

There are 25 people following @DanielleConolly on Twitter. I feel so loved!

When Twitter first appeared, I had no idea what it could possibly do for me. Ditto Facebook. Why on earth would I want to spend all my time reading inane messages from people I already talk to anyway?

Was I ever wrong!

Not only am I enjoying tweets from classmates, ranging from "im so lost, this is scary" to "Hello to all, I'm part of the Twitter word!", but I'm also 'following' people I never thought I could have 'conversations' with, such as Jian Ghomeshi and George Stromboulopoulos. I can't even begin to describe the joy of reconnecting with former classmates and out-of-town family via Facebook. And the possibilities of connecting with other amazing people -- professionals in my desired field(s) of employment; humanitarians I admire; future employers; etc. -- are almost endless.

So - hi everyone! Welcome to my Twitter feed! Let's hope for minimal spam.

No comments:

Post a Comment